Albert V., Duke and second Emperor of Austria (1398-1439).
Nicomedes II. Epiphanes (149-191).
Ptolemy V. Epiphanes (210, 205-181 B.C.).
Jam-sheid (Jam the Illustrious, nephew of Tah Omurs, fifth
king of the Paisdadian dynasty of Persia (B.C. 840-800).
Kien-lông, fourth of the Manchoo dynasty of China (1736-1796).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Illustrious from Fact Monster:
- pantheon - pantheon pantheon , term applied originally to a temple to all the gods. The Pantheon. at Rome was ...
- Lucrece - Lucrece Lucrece or Lucretia, in Roman legend, Roman matron, illustrious for her virtue. She was the ...
- John Capgrave - Capgrave, John Capgrave, John, 1393–1464, English author and Augustinian friar. One of the ...
- Cornelius Nepos - Nepos, Cornelius Nepos, Cornelius , c.100 B.C.–c.25 B.C., Roman historian. He was an intimate ...
- Joseph Severn - Severn, Joseph Severn, Joseph , 1793–1879, English portrait and landscape painter. He was ...