(French). A four-sou piece, so called because it was debased
to the value of three sous and a-half.
“Tien, prens cet invalide, a ma sante va boire.”
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Invalide from Fact Monster:
- Hôtel des Invalides - Invalides, Hôtel des Invalides, Hôtel des , celebrated landmark of Paris, France, built ...
- Business and Finance - Infoplease is the world's largest free reference site. Facts on personal finance, taxes, starting your own business, consumer resources, and the economy.
- logic - logic logic, the systematic study of valid inference. A distinction is drawn between logical ...
- Feodor III - Feodor III Feodor III, 1661–82, czar of Russia (1676–82), son and successor of Alexis. ...
- Jules Hardouin Mansart - Mansart or Mansard, Jules Hardouin Mansart or Mansard, Jules Hardouin , 1646–1708, French ...