A coachman, especially one who drives at a rattling pace.
“The watchman told, saying, ... The driving is like the driving of
Jehu the son of Nimshi; for he driveth furiously.” —2 Kings ix. 20.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Jehu from Fact Monster:
- Jehu - Jehu Jehu . 1. King of Israel. He was anointed king by Elisha, who led the revolt against the house ...
- Nimshi - Nimshi Nimshi , in the Bible, grandfather of Jehu; also called father of Jehu.
- Josibiah - Josibiah Josibiah , in the Bible, father of Jehu the Simeonite.
- Bidkar - Bidkar Bidkar, in the Bible, captain under Ahab and Jehu.
- Jonadab - Jonadab Jonadab , in the Bible. 1. Nephew of David. 2. Founder of the Rechabites and a companion of ...