is Caesar's-ey —i.e. Caesar's island. so called in
honour of Julius Caesar.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Jersey from Fact Monster:
- Jersey - Map of Jersey & articles on flags, geography, history, statistics, disasters current events, and international relations.
- Channel Islands: Jersey and Guernsey - Information on Channel Islands: Jersey and Guernsey — geography, history, politics, government, economy, population statistics, culture, religion, languages, largest cities.
- Albatross Flies Off Course to New Jersey - Albatross Flies Off Course to New Jersey by David Johnson To the delight of bird watchers and the ...
- New Jersey: Temperature Extremes - New Jersey: Temperature Extremes Month Maximum °F Year Place Minimum °F Year Place Jan. 78 ...
- New Jersey - Information on New Jersey — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.