La petite Judée (French). The prefecture of police: so called
because the bureau is in the Rue de Jérusalem, and those taken there
for offences look on the police as their betrayers.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Judee from Fact Monster:
- Saint Jude - Jude, Saint Jude, Saint, or Saint Judas[Jude is an English form to distinguish him from Judas ...
- Jude Law - Jude Law actor Born: 12/29/1972 Birthplace: London, England Beguiling British actor who has played ...
- Jude, epistle of the New Testament - Jude Jude, epistle of the New Testament, the next to last book of the Bible. The Jude who wrote it ...
- Jude Law - Biography of Jude Law, The lanky, sexy British star of Cold Mountain
- Lebbaeus - Lebbaeus Lebbaeus , apostle: see Jude, Saint.