Irresistible, overpowering, fascinating, or bewitching, so as
to compel admiration and notice.
“Those eyes were made so killing.”
Pope: Rape of the Lock, v. 64.
A killing pace.
Too hot or strong to last; exceptionally great; exhausting.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Killing from Fact Monster:
- Kill Van Kull - Kill Van Kull Kill Van Kull , channel, 4 mi (6.4 km) long and .5 mi (.8 km) wide, connecting Upper ...
- Plants that Kill - Plants that Kill —By Arden Dore Have you ever heard the saying “Don’t judge a ...
- Killingly - Killingly Killingly , town (1990 pop. 15,889), Windham co., NE Conn., on the Quinebaug River and ...
- mercy killing - mercy killing: mercy killing: see euthanasia.
- A View to a Kill - Starring Roger Moore, Christopher Walken, Tanya Roberts, Grace Jones, Patrick Macnee