(Anglo-Saxon, kette, a cist or box [of tools].) Hence
that which contains the necessaries, tools, etc., of a workman.
A soldier's kit.
His outfit. The whole kit of them. The whole lot. (See
above.) Used contemptuously.
A three-stringed fiddle. (Anglo-Saxon, cytere;
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Kit from Fact Monster:
- Disaster Kit - Disaster Kit When disasters occur in the United States, the Federal Emergency Management Agency ...
- Kit-Cat Club - Kit-Cat Club Kit-Cat Club, London political and literary club, active c.1700–1720. The ...
- December 24 Birthdays: Kit Carson - December 24 birthdays: Kit Carson, Ryan Seacrest, Ricky Martin, Mary Higgins Clark, Juan Ramón Jiménez, James Prescott Joule, Ava Gardner, Ricky Martin, Howard Hughes
- Christopher Samuel (Kit) BOND - BOND, Christopher Samuel (Kit) (1939—) Senate Years of Service: 1987- Party: Republican BOND, ...
- Nevada - Information on Nevada — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.