(To). (a) To disburse: Il dépensa de grandes
sommes d'argent. (b To display goods Mettre des
marchandises en montre. To place in convenient order what is
required for wear: Préparer ses beaux habits.
(c To prepare a corpse for the coffin, by placing the limbs
in order, and dressing the body in its
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Lay Out from Fact Monster:
- U.S. Constitution Quiz: The Executive and Judicial Branches : 1 - U.S. Constitution Quiz: The Excutive and Judicial Branches Test your knowledge of Articles II and ...
- funeral customs - funeral customs funeral customs, rituals surrounding the death of a human being and the subsequent ...
- Theodore Dehone Judah - Judah, Theodore Dehone Judah, Theodore Dehone, 1826–63, American railroad builder, b. ...
- John WOODS - WOODS, John (1761—1816) WOODS, John, (brother of Henry Woods), a Representative from ...
- Samuel Bulkley Ruggles - Ruggles, Samuel Bulkley Ruggles, Samuel Bulkley, 1800–1881, American public figure, b. New ...