Loyal, trusty, law-abiding. Norman-French, leyale, modern French, loyale; Latin, legalis.)
Land of the leal.
(See Land ...)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Leal from Fact Monster:
- Juan de Valdés Leal - Valdés Leal, Juan de Valdés Leal, Juan de , 1622–90, Spanish baroque painter ...
- Duarte, king of Portugal - Duarte Duarte , 1391–1438, king of Portugal (1433–38), eldest of the five sons of John ...
- Juan Rulfo - Rulfo, Juan Rulfo, Juan , 1918–86, Mexican writer. In his fiction he recreates the desolation ...
- Encyclopedia: European Art, 1600 to the Present: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning European Art, 1600 to the Present: Biographies.
- Angola - Angola Profile: Geography, People, History, Government and Political Conditions, Economy, Defense, Foreign Relations, U.S.-Angolan Relations