(Lake). Geneva, called in Latin Lemannus.
“Lake Leman woos me with its crystal face.”
Lord Byron: Childe Harold,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Leman from Fact Monster:
- Lake Geneva - Geneva, Lake Geneva, Lake, Fr. Lac Léman, crescent-shaped lake, 224 sq mi (580 sq km), c.45 ...
- Lac Léman - Léman, Lac: Léman, Lac: see Geneva, Lake, Switzerland.
- A.J. Foyt - A.J. Foyt Born: Jan. 16, 1935 Auto racer 7-time USAC-CART national champion ...
- Vaud - Vaud Vaud , Ger. Waadt, canton (1993 pop. 593,000), 1,239 sq mi (3,209 sq km), W Switzerland. ...
- automobile racing - automobile racing automobile racing, sport in which specially designed or modified automobiles race ...