(To). To show signs of disappointment, disgust, or
“Squire Brown looked rather blue at having to pay 2 10s. for the
posting expenses from Oxford.” —Hughes: Tom Brown at Oxford.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Look Blue from Fact Monster:
- Cool Colors - Cool Colors Cool colors are made with blue, green, purple, or some combination of these. Cool ...
- The Planets - Earth - Earth Earth is not perfectly round; it bulges at the equator and is flatter at the poles. From ...
- PLANET EARTH - Planet Earth is a dense, rocky ball about 7,920 miles (12,750 km) across. It is one of nine planets circling our local star, the Sun. Earth is the onl
- WATER - The simple combination of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom creates a water molecule (H2O). Water is the most common compound on Earth, making up
- PLANET EARTH - The rocky ball that forms our world is one of nine planets in the Solar System. Earth is a sphere, with a slight bulge in the middle at the Equator, a