Only one regiment of all the British army is so called, and
that is the “Loyal North Lancashire,” in two battalions, No. 47 and No.
81. It was so called in 1793, and probably had some allusion to the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Loyal from Fact Monster:
- George LOYALL - LOYALL, George (1789—1868) LOYALL, George, a Representative from Virginia; born in Norfolk, ...
- Rei - Rei Rei , loyal adherent of David.
- Analogy Quiz - (What is an analogy?) BURP : BELCH :: loyal : _____ Hint faithful friend betrayal Word Quiz ...
- Mariano Arista - Arista, Mariano Arista, Mariano , 1802–55, Mexican general and president (1851–53). A ...
- Elizabeth, sister of King Louis XVI of France - Elizabeth Elizabeth, 1764–94, sister of King Louis XVI of France, known as Madame Elizabeth. ...