A species of goblins in Normandy that take the form of wolves,
and frequent churchyards. They are very timorous, and take flight at
the slightest noise.
“Il a peur de lubins ” (Afraid of ghosts). Said of a
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Lubins from Fact Monster:
- David Lubin - Lubin, David Lubin, David , 1849–1919, American agriculturist, b. Poland. After prospering as ...
- Manzhouli - Manzhouli Manzhouli or Manchouli, city (1994 est. pop. 129,100), NE Inner Mongolian Autonomous ...
- The Incredible Mr. Limpet (1964) - Starring Don Knotts, Andrew Duggan, Carole Cook, Larry Keating, Jack Weston
- Encyclopedia: Agriculture: Biographies - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Agriculture: Biographies.
- Basketball - Basketball Men's Olympic Basketball Multiple gold medals: USA (12), USSR (2). Year 1936 United ...