So John Rich called himself when he performed harlequin
On the one Folly sits, by some called Fun,
And on the other his arch-patron Lun.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Lun from Fact Monster:
- Alfred Döblin - Döblin, Alfred Döblin, Alfred , 1878–1957, German novelist and physician. His ...
- Lao Tzu - Biography of the great Chinese philosopher
- Li Ch'ing-chao - Li Ch'ing-chao Li Ch'ing-chao , 1084?–c.1151, Chinese poet. Li's 78 extant song ...
- paper: The Introduction of Paper - The Introduction of Paper Paper is believed to have been invented by Ts'ai Lun c.105 in China, ...
- Lao Tzu - Lao Tzu Lao Tzu , fl. 6th cent. B.C., Chinese philosopher, reputedly the founder of Taoism. It is ...