The Imperial Machiavelli. Tiberius, the Roman emperor. (B.C. 42
to A.D. 37.) His political axiom was “He who knows not how to
dissemble knows not how to reign.” It was also the axiom of Louis XI.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Machiavelli from Fact Monster:
- Niccolò Machiavelli - Machiavelli, Niccolò Machiavelli, Niccolò , 1469–1527, Italian author and ...
- May 3 Birthdays: Niccolo Machiavelli - May 3 birthdays: Niccolo Machiavelli, Golda Meir, Pete Seeger, Richard D'Oyly Carte, Sugar Ray Robinson, Jacob Riis
- Niccolò Machiavelli: Bibliography - Bibliography See P. Villari, Life and Time of Niccolò Machiavelli (2 vol., tr. 1878); H. ...
- Niccolò Machiavelli: Principal Writings - Principal Writings Machiavelli's best-known work, Il principe [the prince] (1532), describes ...
- Niccolò Machiavelli: Life - Life A member of the impoverished branch of a distinguished family, he entered (1498) the political ...