Macedonia's madman. Alexander the Great. (B.C. 356, 336-323.)
The brilliant madman
or Madman of the North.
Charles XII. of Sweden. (1682, 1697-1718.)
Heroes are much the same, the point's agreed,
From Macedonia's madman to the Swede
Pope: Essay on Man, iv.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Madman from Fact Monster:
- Vsevolod Mikhailovich Garshin - Garshin, Vsevolod Mikhailovich Garshin, Vsevolod Mikhailovich , 1855–88, Russian short-story ...
- Dabney Coleman - Dabney Coleman actor Born: 1/3/1932 Birthplace: Austin, Texas A character player known especially ...
- Ozzy Osbourne - Ozzy Osbourne (John Michael Osbourne) singer Born: 12/3/1948 Birthplace: Birmingham, England ...
- Ted Nugent - Biography of Ted Nugent, Bowhunting rock guitarist
- Spencer Perceval - Perceval, Spencer Perceval, Spencer, 1762–1812, British statesman. He had a profitable law ...