What a mag you are! jabberer, hence to chatter like a
magpie. Mag is a contraction of magpie. The French have a famous
word, “caguet-bon-bec.” We call a prating man or woman “a
mag.” (See Magpie.)
Not a mag to bless myself with
not a halfpenny.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mag from Fact Monster:
- Writing Well: Mags and Rags - Writing Well Mags and Rags Writing Well Seek and Ye Shall Find Book Learning Mags and Rags ...
- What does it mean? careening - careening Your cousin Mike comes careening around the corner in a bright yellow Mustang GT with mag ...
- Kelly Brook - Biography of Kelly Brook, Model-turned-actor from The Big Breakfast and Smallville
- James McCourt - Biography of James McCourt, Presenter on Studio Disney, 1998-2001
- John F. Kennedy, Jr. - John F. Kennedy, Jr. publisher, lawyer, media personality Born: 11/25/1960 Birthplace: Washington, ...