The Great Magician or Wizard of the North. Professor
Wilson calls Sir Walter Scott the Great Magician, from the wonderful
fascination of his writings.
Magician of the North.
The title assumed by Johann Georg Hamann, of Prussia (1730-1788).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Magician from Fact Monster:
- Narnia: The Magician's Nephew: 1 - The Magician's Nephew Quiz Question 1: Where do the yellow rings first take Digory and Polly? ...
- David Copperfield - Biography of David Copperfield, The magician who made the Statue of Liberty disappear
- Harry Houdini - Biography of Harry Houdini, The world's greatest escape artist
- Siegfried and Roy - Biography of Siegfried and Roy, Popular Las Vegas magicians who work with white tigers
- David Blaine - Biography of David Blaine, The magician who was buried alive in New York City