A goblin that seized upon men asleep in their beds, and took
from them all speech and motion.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mara from Fact Monster:
- Kahramanmaraş - Kahramanmaraş Kahramanmaraş , formerly Maraş, city (1990 pop. 229,066), S Turkey. ...
- Mara - Mara Mara [Heb.,=bitter], in the Bible, punning name taken by Naomi out of sorrow.
- Ratu Sir Kamisese Mara - Mara, Ratu Sir Kamisese Mara, Ratu Sir Kamisese, 1920–2004, Fijian political leader. A ...
- Maraş - Maraş: Maraş: see Kahramanmaraş, Turkey.
- Girga - Girga Girga or Jirja, town (1986 pop. 71,564), central Egypt, on the Nile. It is noted for its ...