A young pilgrim who accompanied Christiana in her pilgrimage to
Mount Zion. She married Matthew, Christian's son. (Bunyan: Pilgrim's
Progress, part ii.)
The seven works of mercy are:
(1) To tend the sick.
(2) To feed the hungry.
(3) To give drink to the thirsty.
(4) To clothe the naked.
(5) To house the homeless.
(6) To visit the fatherless and the afflicted.
(7) To bury the dead.
Matt. xxv. 35-40.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mercy from Fact Monster:
- University of Detroit Mercy - Detroit Mercy, University of Detroit Mercy, University of, at Detroit; coeducational; Jesuit; est. ...
- mercy killing - mercy killing: mercy killing: see euthanasia.
- Women's World Cup 1999 | Preview - Hamm-er Time Mia Hamm leads the U.S. quest for a second World Cup title by Gerry Brown World Cup ...
- Kyrie eleison - Kyrie eleison Kyrie eleison [Gr.,=Lord, have mercy], in the Roman Catholic Church, prayer of the ...
- Miserere - Miserere Miserere , in the Bible, the 51st (or 50th) Psalm, beginning “Miserere mei, Deus ...