The seven metals in alchemy. Gold, Apollo or the sun.
Silver, Diana or the moon.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Metals from Fact Monster:
- britannia metal - britannia metal britannia metal, silvery-white alloy of tin with antimony, copper, and sometimes ...
- type metal - type metal type metal, alloy of lead with antimony, tin, and sometimes copper, so named because of ...
- Babbitt metal - Babbitt metal Babbitt metal, an antifriction metal first produced by Isaac Babbitt in 1839. In ...
- metal - metal metal, chemical element displaying certain properties by which it is normally distinguished ...
- METALS - Almost three-quarters of all elements are metals, such as gold and silver. There are also some elements we may not think of as metals, such as the cal