in the satire of Absalom and Achitophel, by Dryden and
Tate, is meant for Queen Catherine, wife of Charles II. As Charles II.
is called David in the satire, and Michal was David's wife, the name is
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Michal from Fact Monster:
- Michal - Michal Michal , in the Bible, wife of David and daughter of Saul. See Merab.
- Phalti - Phalti Phalti or Phaltiel, in the Bible, husband of Michal, who was previously David's wife.
- Merab - Merab Merab , in the Bible, daughter of Saul. In Second Samuel she is referred to (by a textual ...
- Canoe Slalom - 2004 Canoe Slalom MEN Event Score Kayak 1 Benoit Peschier, FRA 187.96 Campbell Walsh, GBR 190.17 ...
- Canoe Slalom - Canoe Slalom MEN Event Score Kayak 1 Oliver Fix, GER 141.22 Andraz Vehovar, SLO 141.65 Thomas ...