(Japan, mi, exalted; kado, gate), is not a title
of the emperor of Japan, but simply means the person who lives in the
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mikado from Fact Monster:
- mikado - mikado mikado , a former title of the emperor of Japan used chiefly in the English language.
- Alfred Drake - Drake, Alfred Drake, Alfred, 1914–92, American singer, actor, and director, b. New York City, ...
- Bill Robinson - Robinson, Bill Robinson, Bill, 1878–1949, African-American tap dancer popularly known as ...
- Encyclopedia: Japanese History - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Japanese History.
- Sir William Schwenck Gilbert - Gilbert, Sir William Schwenck Gilbert, Sir William Schwenck, 1836–1911, English playwright ...