or Mintio. The birthplace of Virgil. The Clitumnus, a
river of Umbria, was the residence of Propertius; the Anio is where
Horace had a villa; the river Meles, in Ionia, is the supposed
birthplace of Homer. Littleton refers to all these in his Monody on
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mincio from Fact Monster:
- Mincio - Mincio Mincio , river, c.47 mi (76 km) long, in Lombardy, N Italy. It flows generally south from ...
- Marengo - Marengo Marengo , village, Piedmont, NW Italy, near Alessandria. It was the site of a famous battle ...
- Lake Garda - Garda, Lake Garda, Lake , Ital. Lago di Garda or Benaco, largest lake of Italy, 143 sq mi (370 sq ...
- Mantua - Mantua Mantua , Ital. Mantova, city (1991 pop. 53,065), capital of Mantova prov., Lombardy, N ...
- Encyclopedia: Italian Physical Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Italian Physical Geography.