Emir Zadah [prince's son]. It is used in two ways by the
Persians; when prefixed to a surname it is simply a title of
honour; but when annexed to the surname, it means a prince of
the blood royal.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Mirza from Fact Monster:
- Ahmad Mirza - Ahmad Mirza Ahmad Mirza , 1898–1930, shah of Persia (1909–25), son of Muhammad Ali. The ...
- Baha'u'llah - Biography of Baha'u'llah, The central figure of the Baha'i faith
- Ahmadiyya - Ahmadiyya Ahmadiyya , a contemporary messianic movement founded (1899) by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad ...
- Muhammad Ali, shah of Persia - Muhammad Ali Muhammad Ali, 1872–1925, shah of Persia (1906–9), son of Muzaffar ad-Din ...
- Baha Ullah - Baha Ullah Baha Ullah or Baha Allah[Arab.,=glory of God], 1817–92, Persian religious leader ...