(3 syl.) means a false believer. (French, mis-créance.)
A term first applied to the Mahometans. The Mahometans, in return, call
Christians infidels, and associate with the word all that we
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Miscreant from Fact Monster:
- What does it mean? - miscreant --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Who in "Snow White and the ...
- Rudolph Giuliani: Crusader Against Crime - Rudolph Giuliani New York's mayor announces cancer diagnosis by Beth Rowen Giuliani announces ...
- Lightning (storm data, deaths, lightning myths, and safety tips) - Read about lightning myths, facts, and data from Storm Data about the number of lightning-related deaths and how to stay safe during a lightning storm.
- Shock Waves - Starring Brooke Adams, Jack Davidson, Luke Halpin, Fred Buch, D.J. Sidney
- Rudolph William Giuliani - Giuliani, Rudolph William Giuliani, Rudolph William , 1944–, American government official, b. ...