(The). Presented to the British Museum by the museum of the Louvre. It was discovered by the Rev. F. Klein at Dibhan in August, 1868, and is 3 feet 10 inches high, 2 feet broad, and 14 1/2 inches thick. The Arabs resented its removal, and splintered it into fragments, but it has been restored. The inscription, consisting of forty-four lines, gives an account of the war of Mesha, King of Moab, against Omri, Ahab, and other kings of Israel. Mesha sacrificed his eldest son on the city wall in view of the invading Israelites. He set up this stone at Kermost B.C. 900.