So the Romans called the nursery teacher. The Military
Monitor was an officer to tell young soldiers of the faults
committed against the service. The House Monitor was a slave to
call the family of a morning, etc.
An ironclad with a flat deck, sharp stern, and one or more movable
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Monitor from Fact Monster:
- monitor, in zoology - monitor monitor, any of various dragonlike, mostly tropical lizards. A monitor lizard has a heavy ...
- The Monitor - Two American warships that marked a revolution in naval warfare
- monitor, type of warship - monitor monitor, type of turreted warship (no longer used) carrying heavy guns, having little ...
- L - O - L - O link See hyperlink. Linux A UNIX®-like, open-source operating system developed primarily ...
- The Civil War - The Civil War Apart from the matter of slavery, the Civil War arose out of both the economic and ...