The name given to a Chilian pine, whose twisted and prickly
branches puzzle even a monkey to climb.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Monkey-puzzle from Fact Monster:
- monkey-puzzle tree - monkey-puzzle tree monkey-puzzle tree, evergreen tree (Araucaria araucana) native to Chile and ...
- Norfolk Island pine - Norfolk Island pine: Norfolk Island pine: see monkey-puzzle tree.
- bunya-bunya - bunya-bunya bunya-bunya : see monkey-puzzle tree.
- conifer - conifer conifer [Lat.,=cone-bearing], tree or shrub of the order Coniferales, e.g., the pine, ...
- pine - pine pine, common name for members of the Pinaceae, a family of resinous woody trees with ...