Morat and Marathon twin names shall stand (Childe Harold, iii.
64). Morat, in Switzerland, is famous for the battle fought in 1476, in
which the Swiss defeated Charles le Téméraire of Burgundy.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Morat from Fact Monster:
- Murten - Murten Murten , Fr. Morat, town, Fribourg canton, W Switzerland, on the Lake of Murten. It is known ...
- Morat - Morat: Morat: see Murten, Switzerland.
- Charles the Bold - Charles the Bold Charles the Bold, 1433–77, last reigning duke of Burgundy (1467–77), ...
- Burgundy: History - History The territory, conquered by Caesar in the Gallic Wars, was divided first into the Roman ...
- Encyclopedia: Swiss Political Geography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Swiss Political Geography.