Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Musical Notation from Fact Monster:
- musical notation - musical notation musical notation, symbols used to make a written record of musical sounds. Two ...
- Chinese music: Musical Notation - Musical Notation Several types of notation were used. Singers used the syllabic symbols for the ...
- notation - notation: notation: see arithmetic and musical notation.
- tonic sol-fa - tonic sol-fa: tonic sol-fa: see musical notation.
- Alypius - Alypius Alypius or Alypios, fl. c.360, Greek author of Introduction to Music, chief source of ...