is the Spanish mosquéte, a musket.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Musket from Fact Monster:
- The Four Musketeers - The Four Musketeers French quartet that dominated men's tennis in 1920s and '30s, winning 8 ...
- musket - musket: musket: see small arms.
- small arms - small arms small arms, firearmsdesigned primarily to be carried and fired by one person and, ...
- Lacoste, René - All about Rene Lacoste
- Charles de Batz-Castelmore d' Artagnan - Artagnan, Charles de Batz-Castelmore d' Artagnan, Charles de Batz-Castelmore d' , ...