A Stock Exchange term for the Turkish '65 loan, partly secured
by the sheep-tax.
Revenons à nos moutons.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Muttons from Fact Monster:
- mutton - mutton mutton, flesh of mature sheep prepared as food (as opposed to the flesh of young sheep, ...
- lamb - lamb: lamb: see mutton; sheep.
- Shropshire sheep - Shropshire sheep Shropshire sheep, mutton breed developed from the native sheep of Shropshire and ...
- Southdown sheep - Southdown sheep Southdown sheep, mutton breed of sheep originated on the South Downs of Sussex, ...
- wool: Wool Types - Wool Types Wool is classed as follows: fine, usually short-staple wool of Merino fineness and ...