Caught and secured in jail. (See Clou.)
I nailed him
) I hooked him, I pinned him, meaning I secured him.
Isaiah (xxii. 23) says, “I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place.” However, the idea may still be, I secured him by making him pay down
the earnest on The Nail.
(See Pay on the Nail,
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nailed from Fact Monster:
- nail, in carpentry - nail nail, metal pin driven by force applied at one end into pieces of material, usually wood, to ...
- Nine Inch Nails - Nine Inch Nails rock group Birthplace: Cleveland, Ohio Formed in 1988, this rock and roll band ...
- nail, in anatomy - nail nail, in anatomy, the horny outgrowth shielding the tip of the finger and the toe in humans ...
- Whatchamacallits, or Names for the Little Things - Whatchamacallits, or Names for the Little Things Are you often stumped by the name of a little ...
- Analogy Quiz - (What is an analogy?) DWELLING : IGLOO :: _____ : hammer Hint hard nails tool Word Quiz Spelling ...