To call a person names. To blackguard a person by calling him
of the Puritans.
Praise-God Barebones. A leather-seller in Fleet Street.
Barebones. His son; usually called Damned Dr. Barebones.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Names from Fact Monster:
- name - name. name. Personal identifying names are found in every known culture, and they often pass from ...
- Name Power - Name Power Some Native Americans have two names, one of which is never made public because of the ...
- Retired Hurricane Names - Retired Hurricane Names When hurricanes are particularly destructive, their names are retired from ...
- Atlantic Hurricane Names - Atlantic Hurricane Names Because hurricanes often occur at the same time, officials assign short, ...
- Animal Names: Male, Female, and Young - Animal Names: Male, Female, and Young Animal Male Female Young Ass Jack Jenny Foal Bear Boar Sow ...