(The) means Christmas Day, the anniversary of the birth
The Cave of the Nativity
is under the chancel of the “church of the Nativity.” In the
recess, a few feet above the ground is a stone slab with a star cut in
it, to mark the spot where the Saviour was born. Near it is a hollow
scraped out of the rock, said to be the place where the infant Jesus
To cast a man's nativity
is to construct a plan or map out of the position, etc., of the
twelve houses which belong to him, and to explain the scheme.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nativity from Fact Monster:
- Native American Proverbs and Wisdom - Native American tribes proverbs and wisdom through the centuries.
- Middle American Natives - Natives, Middle American or Mesoamerican Natives, Middle American or Mesoamerican, aboriginal ...
- nativism - nativism nativism, in anthropology, social movement that proclaims the return to power of the ...
- Native States - Native States Most of the 560-odd native states and subdivisions of pre-1947 India acceded to the ...
- American Indian versus Native American - American Indian versus Native American A once-heated issue has sorted itself out by Borgna Brunner ...