(A). A born idiot; one on whom education can make no
impression. As nature made him, so he remains.
A natural child.
One not born in lawful wedlock. The Romans called the children of
concubines naturales children according to nature, and not according to
Cui pater est populus, pater est sibi nullus omnes;
Cui pater est populus not habet ille patrem.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Natural from Fact Monster:
- naturalization - naturalization naturalization, official act by which a person is made a national of a country other ...
- Nature - Nature Encyclopedia: Nature Major Biomes of the World Water Supply of the World Human Access to ...
- naturalism, in philosophy - naturalism naturalism, in philosophy, a position that attempts to explain all phenomena and account ...
- naturalism, in literature - naturalism naturalism, in literature, an approach that proceeds from an analysis of reality in ...
- Naturalization - Naturalization When immigrants enter the United States, they are not American citizens. In order to ...