(2 syl.). The sea, In Roman mythology, the divine monarch of
the ocean. (See Ben.)
A son of Neptune.
A seaman or sailor.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Neptune from Fact Monster:
- Neptune, in Roman religion and mythology - Neptune Neptune, in Roman religion and mythology, god of water. He was presumably an indigenous god ...
- The Planets - Neptune - Neptune Neptune, named for an ancient Roman sea god, is a stormy blue planet about 30 times farther ...
- NEPTUNE - Neptune is 30 times farther from the Sun than Earth, and has the most powerful hurricanes of any planet in the Solar System. It is a gas giant with fa
- NEPTUNE - Almost the same size and colour as Uranus, Neptune orbits about 1.6 billion km (1.0 billion miles) further from the Sun than Uranus. German astronomer
- Neptune, in astronomy - Neptune Neptune, in astronomy, 8th planet from the sun at a mean distance of about 2.8 billion mi ...