Followers of Nestorius, Patriarch of Constantinople in the
fifth century. He maintained that Christ had two distinct natures, and
that Mary was the mother of His human nature, which was the mere shell
or husk of the divine.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nestorians from Fact Monster:
- Nestorian Church - Nestorian Church Nestorian Church, Christian community of Iraq, Iran, and Malabar, India. It ...
- Nestorianism - Nestorianism Nestorianism, Christian heresy that held Jesus to be two distinct persons, closely and ...
- Assyrian Church - Assyrian Church: Assyrian Church: see Nestorian Church.
- Chaldaean rite - Chaldaean rite: Chaldaean rite: see Nestorian Church.
- Evagrius Scholasticus - Evagrius Scholasticus Evagrius Scholasticus , c.536–c.600, Syrian ecclesiastical historian, a ...