The Council of Nice. The first oecumencial council of the
Christian Church, held under Constantine the Great at Nice, or Nicæa,
in Asia Minor, to condemn the Arian heresy (325). The seventh
oecumenical council was also held at Nice (787).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nice from Fact Monster:
- Nice - Nice Nice , city (1990 pop. 345,674), capital of Alpes-Maritimes dept., SE France, on the ...
- Alpes-Maritimes - Alpes-Maritimes Alpes-Maritimes , department (1990 pop. 983,600), SE France, bounded by Italy on ...
- Powerpuff Girls: 1 - Powerpuff Quiz Test your knowledge of the Powerpuff Girls Question 1: The Powerpuff Girls are made ...
- What does it mean? - deface --Listen to the pronunciation: WAV format or AU format Someone might deface a wall by using ...
- Analogous Colors - Analogous colors definition and examples including painting by Vincent Van Gogh.