A title of sovereignty in Hyderabad (India), derived from Nizamul-mulk (regulator of the state), who obtained possession of
the Deccan at the beginning of the 18th century. The name Caesar was by the Romans used precisely in the same manner, and has descended
to the present hour in the form of Kaiser (of the German
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nizam' from Fact Monster:
- Nizam - Nizam: Nizam: see Hyderabad, India.
- Nizam al-Mulk - Nizam al-Mulk Nizam al-Mulk , c.1018–92, vizier (1063–92) under two Seljuk (see Turks) ...
- Nizamabad - Nizamabad Nizamabad , city (1991 pop. 241,034), Andhra Pradesh state, S central India. It is a ...
- Malikshah - Malikshah Malikshah , 1055–92, third sultan of the Seljuks (see Turks). In 1072 he succeeded ...
- Hyderabad, former state and modern city, India - Hyderabad Hyderabad , former princely state, S central India. The former princedom of Hyderabad is ...