(1 syl.), in the Roman calendar.
On March the 7th, June, July,
October too, the NONES you spy;
Except in these, those Nones appear
On the 5th day of all the year.
If to the Nones you add an 8
Of every IDE you'll find the date.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Nones from Fact Monster:
- Ides of March - The Ides of March Just one of a dozen Ides that occur every month of the year by Borgna Brunner As ...
- Nones - Nones: Nones: see calendar.
- calendar - calendar calendar [Lat., from Kalends], system of reckoning time for the practical purpose of ...
- Mark Lemon - Lemon, Mark Lemon, Mark, 1809–70, English editor and humorist. He was a founder of Punch in ...
- NHL Franchise Origins - NHL Franchise Origins Here is what the current 30 teams in the National Hockey League have to show ...