(William of), surnamed Doctor Singularis et
Invincibilis. He was the great advocate of Nominalism.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Occam from Fact Monster:
- William of Occam - Occam, William of: Occam, William of: see William of Occam.
- William of Occam - William of Occam or Ockham William of Occam or Ockham , c.1285–c.1349, English scholastic ...
- William of Ockham - Ockham, William of: Ockham, William of: see William of Occam.
- logic: Post-Aristotelian Logic - Post-Aristotelian Logic One of Aristotle's tacit assumptions was that there is a correspondence ...
- Jean Buridan - Buridan, Jean Buridan, Jean , d. c.1358, French scholastic philosopher. Rector of the Univ. of ...