Chief character of The Mountaineers, a drama by George
Colman. He goes mad out of love for Donna Floranthe, whom he suspects
of loving another; but Roque, a blunt old attachè, seeks him,
tells him Floranthe is faithful, and induces him to return.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Octavian from Fact Monster:
- Octavian - Octavian Octavian or Octavius:see Augustus.
- Augustus - Augustus Augustus , 63 B.C.–A.D. 14, first Roman emperor, a grandson of the sister of Julius ...
- Antony: Antony and Cleopatra - Antony and Cleopatra In 42 B.C. Antony met Cleopatra, and their love affair began. While Antony was ...
- Augustus: The Second Triumvirate - The Second Triumvirate When Octavius was a youth, Caesar took a great interest in his education and ...
- Actium - Actium Actium , promontory, NW Acarnania, Greece, at the mouth of the Ambracian Gulf. There are ...