The poem of Homer which records the adventures of Odysseus (Ulysses) in his home-voyage from Troy. The word is an adjective
formed out of the hero's name, and means the things or adventures of Ulysses.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Odyssey from Fact Monster:
- Homer - Homer Homer, principal figure of ancient Greek literature; the first European poet. Sections in ...
- Odyssey - Odyssey Odyssey : see Homer.
- Timeline: Pirates - Pirates timeline from 700 B.C. to the present.
- Homer: The Odyssey - The Odyssey The Odyssey is written in 24 books and begins nearly ten years after the fall of Troy. ...
- Billabong Odyssey - Starring Shawn Barron, Ken Bradshaw, Layne Beachley, Brad Gerlach, Brian Keaulana