Oil of Palms
Money. Huile is French slang for “money,” as will appear
from the following quotation: “Il faudra que vostre bourse fasse
les frais de vostre curiosité; il fant de la peeune, il faut de
l'huile.” (La Fausse Coquette, ii. 7; 1694.)
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Oil of Palms from Fact Monster:
- palm oil - palm oil: palm oil: see palm.
- Sumatra: Economy - Economy Sumatra has great natural wealth; about 70% of the country's income is produced there. ...
- Elche - Elche Elche , Valencian Elx, city (1990 pop. 184,912), Alicante prov., SE Spain, in Valencia. It is ...
- Guadalcanal - Guadalcanal Guadalcanal , volcanic island (1992 est. pop. 63,633), c.2,510 sq mi (6,500 sq km), ...
- Selangor - Selangor Selangor , state (1991 pop. 2,289,236), 3,150 sq mi (8,159 sq km), Malaysia, S Malay ...