The United States' Flag. Sir Francis Burdett (1770-1844).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Old Glory from Fact Monster:
- When and How to Display the U.S. Flag - The United States Flag Code stipulates that as the symbol of a living country, the flag is considered in itself a living thing. These regulations outline the proper ways to display the American flag.
- Flag Day - Flag Day Flag etiquette, history, controversy, and myth On June 14, Americans celebrate the ...
- Flag Day Timeline - Timeline of the U.S. Flag
- History of the American Flag - History of the American Flag According to popular legend, the first American flag was made by Betsy ...
- Flags - Homework Center – Frequently Asked Questions Flags What do the state flags look like? Where ...