or Ospray (a corruption of Latin Ossifragus the
bone-breaker). The fish-eagle, or fishing hawk (Pandion haeliaetis).
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Osprey from Fact Monster:
- osprey - osprey osprey , common name for a bird of prey related to the hawk and the New World vulture and ...
- fish hawk - fish hawk: fish hawk: see osprey.
- vertical takeoff and landing aircraft - vertical takeoff and landing aircraft vertical takeoff and landing aircraft (VTOL), craft capable ...
- DDT - DDT DDT or 2,2-bis(p-chlorophenyl)-1,1,1,-trichloroethane, chlorinated hydrocarbon compound used as ...
- FEEDING - Unlike plants, animals cannot make food from sunlight. Animals have to feed to produce the energy they need to grow, move, and reproduce. Some animals