(for ounce). z made with a tail (3) resembles the old terminal
mark 3, indicating a contraction- as vi3. a contraction of vi[delicet]; quib 3, a contraction of quibus; s 3, a
contraction of sed (but), and so on.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Oz from Fact Monster:
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz | Anniversary - Oz Anniversary The wonderful wizard turned 100 in April 2000 Source: The Library of Congress An ...
- The Wizard of Oz | Chapter 1 - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz CHAPTER ONE: THE CYCLONE by L. Frank Baum DOROTHY LIVED IN THE MIDST of ...
- Amos Oz - Oz, Amos Oz, Amos, 1939–, Israeli writer, b. Jerusalem as Amos Klausner. As a teenager he ...
- The Wizard of Oz (1939) - Starring Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Jack Haley, Bert Lahr
- Frank Oz - Biography of Frank Oz, The voice of Yoda and Miss Piggy