La Paix des Dames. The treaty concluded at Cambray, in 1529
between Franois I. and Charles V. of Germany; so called because it was
brought about by Louise of Savoy (mother of the French king) and
Margaret, the emperor's aunt.
Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, E. Cobham Brewer, 1894
More on Paix from Fact Monster:
- Frédéric Passy - Passy, Frédéric Passy, Frédéric , 1822–1912, French economist, ...
- Saint-Pierre, Charles Irénée Castel, Abbé de - Saint-Pierre, Charles Irénée Castel, Abbé de Saint-Pierre, Charles ...
- Information Please: 1910 - 1910 Previous Year | Next Year World | U.S. | Economics | Sports | Entertainment | Science Year by ...
- Mali - Mali Profile: People, History, Government and Political Conditions, Economy, Defense, U.S.-Malian Relations
- Switzerland - Switzerland Profile: People, History, Government, Political Conditions, Economy, Foreign Relations, U.S.-Swiss Relations